This "At-a-Glance" guide contains all the information you will need to get started with AAPPL. Welcome, and happy testing!
Requesting and Administering AAPPL Tests, and Retrieving Results
CLIENT SITE - Login to your Client Site (retrieve your forgotten Usernames and Passwords there) to:
- Order tests - Click on "Test Requests." All instructions for ordering tests are on the screen. View video.
Administer tests and View Results - Click on "Test Status" to:
- Print student test logins on Avery 5160 label sheets.
- View status of each student's test (not started, completed, partially completed, etc).
- Listen to student speaking test responses by clicking on the "speaker" icons.
- Read student writing test responses by click on the "pencil and paper" icons.
- Export test data to Excel.
- Print score reports by clicking on "Print Certificates"
- See data graphs by clicking on "Reporting." Mouse over bars, or "print preview" for data details.
Notes On Ordering and Administering Tests:
Seal of Biliteracy Testing
- If ordering AAPPL tests for Seal of Biliteracy Awards, use FORM B when completing the Test Request.
Who Should Upload the Test Requests:
- Templates must be uploaded from teacher logins for scores to be accessible by teachers.
Custom Fields: When ordering tests you will have 3 "custom fields" you can designate.
- You can re-label the custom field headings and enter demographic information for students.
- Examples: "Special Ed," "Heritage Learner," "Studied Abroad," "IEP, " etc.
- You must include Custom Field data when ordering if you want it reported back with scores.
Review the Proctoring Agreement that is available here.
- In advance of testing print student login labels and bring them to class on testing day.
- Direct students to http://aappl.actfltesting.org to take their tests.
Teacher and Student Familiarization:
- Watch the video on the ABOUT page.
- Review the Tasks & Topics page so you know what tasks and topics will be on the test.
- Set goals/strategies using the Score Descriptions and Sample Score Report on the Scores page.
- Check out the tips videos on the Tips page.
- Take the Practice Test on the Demo page.
- Learn everything you ever wanted to know about AAPPL, and more on the FAQs page!
- Testing students in writing? Make sure students are learning keyboarding skills in the language.
- Ask your Technology Coordinator to review the Technology FAQs.
- Request that an IT staff-person help you with headset/microphone setup and settings.
- Run the System Check in advance, and again just prior to testing to ensure proper settings.
- Request that an IT staff-member be on hand to assist you with local issues during testing.
ADDITIONAL TECHNOLOGY NOTES:
- Number of students you can test simultaneously: This is addressed in the Technology FAQs.
- Using students' laptops? Run the System Check in advance and on the day of testing.
Administering the Writing test component? Prepare for keyboarding:
- AAPPL will use any language keyboard application your school uses for instruction.
- For additional keyboard setup instructions see the Technology FAQs.
For support contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (800) 486-8444 from 8:00 am 6:00 pm ET.